A distribution warehouse is a building and a place where items for distribution are stored. In other words, it serves as storage for products form the manufacturer to the distributor before these products are distributed to various retail customers. For instance, after the manufacturer manufactures the products, they’d want to distribute it to customers from all over the world and so, to do this, they are going to deliver these goods or items to the distributor on a certain area. With such massive amount of products and items to be distributed, the distributor requires this distribution warehouse where they can easily store these goods before distributing to retail stores. Most distribution warehouses even have warehouse storage system to make storing items and products safer and more convenient.
Who uses a distribution warehouse?
- The Manufacturing Company. They use the warehouse in order to store the goods and the items that they have manufactured and are to be delivered to the distributors.
- Third party distributors. These are the entities that the manufacturing company delivers their products to. These entities are the ones responsible for supplying a place with certain goods and products from the manufacturing company.
- Retail stores. This refers to the stores that sell products in retail. The items they usually place inside the distribution warehouse are those items that they sell. They use the warehouse to store the stocks or inventory they have.
The Benefits of Having a Distribution Warehouse
Distribution centers or companies need to have a distribution warehouse if they want to avail of these benefits:
- Time-savings. A distribution warehouse can really save distributors a lot of time when it comes to distributing all the items. This is because they no longer have to rummage through the items just to deliver them to various retail stores. In other words, the distribution warehouse with its warehouse storage system can give convenience since it makes the items and the products to be distributed more organized. It can save workers a lot of time and effort trying to distribute the products or in managing their products.
- Money-savings. A distribution warehouse is the best solution to protect the goods or the products that distributors are trying to distribute to retail outlets. When you have a distribution warehouse, you are ensuring that all the goods are kept in good condition and retain their quality. This is because a distribution warehouse is built to achieve these things. They are usually built with the right temperature that can help distributors achieve their purpose in terms of preserving the quality and the condition of the products. This way, they can save a lot of money as they are going to prevent spoiled goods and damaged items.
- Peace of mind. Aside from the technical benefits you are likely to get with a distribution warehouse, you can also benefit a lot from the peace of mind that it’s going to give you. Since your goods and products are well protected, organized and safe as well as since your workers won’t have to exert so much effort and time, you will have the peace of mind that your business will progress.