The manufacture of pharmaceutical products requires the highest standards in relation to hygienic conditions and process reliability. This especially applies to storage conditions. Find out here which solutions we can offer.
Do the storage conditions have to conform to strict hygienic guidelines?
The manufacture and storage of pharmaceutical products requires the highest standards in relation to hygiene and precision. Our dynamic storage and retrieval systems are optionally fitted with a comprehensive dust-protection concept that permits storage in clean room conditions. In addition, the trays can be effectively divided from one another, allowing different products and starting materials to be safely stored separately.
Do your products react sensitively to temperature fluctuations or excessive humidity?
We have designed our storage units in the Megamat and Shuttle series in a way that allows an additional air-conditioning function to be installed. Options for the following requirements are available individually or in combination:
- Chilling for storing sensitive raw materials and final products
- Air conditioning: We supply a system for storing items at a constant temperature. This is useful for goods that have to be kept within a certain temperature range, which could be anywhere between plus sixty and minus twenty five degrees Celsius.
- Controlled humidity: In addition, humidity within the unit can easily be reduced to as low as five percent. This is especially important for storing particularly dry items or raw materials.
Do you store a number of different items of various types?
Our dynamic storage and retrieval solutions can smoothly pick different kinds of items. Whether perishable goods, sensitive starting materials, or finished products ready for shipping, goods can be picked quickly and accurately using automated identification tools such as RFID chips or by assisting employees with pick-by-light and other systems.
Does the retrieval of certain items require the utmost precision?
Our Power Pick Global warehouse management software has been further improved specifically so that manufactured pharmaceutical items can be managed, picked, and returned fully automatically and thus with maximum precision. The effective interaction between our hardware and software means that goods can be accessed with almost one hundred percent accuracy.
Are the stored substances classed as hazardous goods?
Our units feature special anti-explosion protection mechanisms to prevent flash fires and explosions in places where there are highly flammable materials. In dangerous situations the affected storage unit is flooded with explosion-resistant gases. Other preventive measures taken on our machinery include the use of non-arcing motors and low-friction trays.
Do you work with corrosive acids and alkalis?
The components on our units – and especially the trays that come into contact with the stored products – are made of stainless steel, preventing damage caused by aggressive substances and precursors used in the pharmaceutical industry.
Depend on the extensive industry experience of our experts
Our specialists have extensive experience of industry-specific requirements relating to the handling of hazardous goods, ADR-compliant distribution, and the storage of items and raw materials in line with VCI storage classes.
Combination of measures
Since the design of our storage and retrieval systems is modular, it goes without saying that it is easy to combine the solutions presented here.
The advantages at a glance:
- Dust-free storage in clean room conditions
- Less space needed: The footprint needed can be reduced by up to 85 percent due to the highly dense storage concept. This makes it possible to store the same amount of goods on a footprint just ten to 25 percent of the original size, freeing up space for other uses.
- Modular design: The units can be integrated into any existing logistics system.
- Controlled climate by regulating the humidity and temperature.
- Maximum precision during retrieval.
- Effective protection of stored hazardous goods.
- Improved inventory management: The Power Pick Global warehouse management software makes it possible to permanently monitor stock levels in real time via its direct connection to the ERP system.
- Reliable batch management: Even extremely high quantities of the smallest items can be safely stored and accessed with our warehouse management software.
Is it worth investing in Kardex Remstar storage logistics solutions for your business?
Why not get in touch with us so that we can look into this question together? Upon request, we can give you a free and no-obligation evaluation of the options available for further optimizing your storage logistics in terms of space, time, and money.