Extremely hygienic handling of everyday supplies in line with strict official regulations is the key requirement of hospital intralogistics. This presents particular challenges in relation to storage conditions. We have the right solution with our dynamic retrieval systems.
Do the storage conditions have to conform to the strictest hygienic guidelines?
Logistics operations that involve the handling of hospital supplies require extremely clean storage conditions. Our dynamic storage and retrieval systems are optionally fitted with a comprehensive dust-protection concept that even permits storage in clean room conditions. In addition, the trays can be effectively divided from one another, allowing different products to be safely stored separately.
Does the retrieval of certain items require the utmost precision?
Our Power Pick Global warehouse management software has been further improved specifically so that items such as prescription drugs and other medication can be managed, picked, and returned fully automatically and thus with maximum precision. The effective interaction between our hardware and software means that goods can be accessed with almost one hundred percent accuracy.
Do your products react sensitively to temperature fluctuations or excessive humidity?
We have designed our storage units in the Megamat and Shuttle series in a way that allows an additional air-conditioning function to be installed. Options for the following requirements are available individually or in combination:
- Chilling for storing sensitive items such as medication.
- Air conditioning: We supply a system for storing items at a constant temperature. This is useful for goods that have to be kept within a certain temperature range, which could be anywhere between plus sixty and minus twenty five degrees Celsius.
- Controlled humidity: In addition, humidity within the unit can easily be reduced to as low as five percent. This is especially important for storing particularly dry items or raw materials.
Are you looking for efficient warehouse management to trace batches?
You can control storage and order picking tasks in real time with our warehouse management software, which is individually configured to your unit layout. Naturally, this also includes reliable batch tracing with permanent management and monitoring of stock in real time. Processing times for individual orders are minimized and retrieval and delivery times are reduced, while also cutting costs.
Do you store a number of different items of various types?
Our dynamic retrieval solutions can smoothly pick different kinds of items. Whether perishable medication, highly sensitive surgical instruments, or a batch of bed linen, goods can be picked quickly and accurately using automated identification tools such as RFID chips or by assisting employees with pick-by-light and other systems.
Combination of measures
Since the design of our retrieval systems is modular, it goes without saying that it is easy to combine the solutions presented here.
The advantages at a glance:
- Dust-free storage in clean room conditions.
- Less space needed: The footprint needed can be reduced by up to 85 percent due to the highly dense storage concept. This makes it possible to store the same amount of goods on a footprint just ten to 25 percent of the original size, freeing up space for other uses.
- Modular design: The units can be integrated into any existing logistics system.
- Controlled climate by regulating the humidity and temperature when storing sensitive items.
- Maximum precision during retrieval.
- Improved inventory management: The Power Pick Global warehouse management software makes it possible to permanently monitor stock levels in real time via its direct connection to the ERP system.
- Reliable batch management: Even extremely high quantities of the smallest items can be safely stored and accessed with our warehouse management software.
Is it worth investing in Kardex Remstar storage logistics solutions for your business?
Why not get in touch with us so that we can look into this question together? Upon request, we can give you a free and no-obligation evaluation of the options available for further optimizing your storage logistics in terms of space, time, and money.
Simply send us an e-Mail or
call us on +49 (0)8283 999 0.