Ensuring an unbroken cold chain and extremely hygienic storage conditions is essential when handling food. In addition, the wide range of stored products must be capable of being efficiently and precisely retrieved at any time. We have the right solution for these requirements.
Do the storage conditions have to conform to strict hygienic guidelines?
Logistics operations that involve the handling of fresh or perishable food require extremely clean storage conditions. Our dynamic storage and retrieval systems are optionally fitted with a comprehensive dirt-protection concept. In addition, the trays can be effectively divided from one another, allowing different foods to be safely stored separately.
Do your products react sensitively to temperature fluctuations or excessive humidity?
We have designed our storage units in the Megamat and Shuttle series in a way that allows an additional air-conditioning function to be installed. Options for the following requirements are available individually or in combination:
- Chilling for storing perishable food
- Deep freezing for storing frozen products
- Air conditioning: We supply a system for storing items at a constant temperature. This is useful for goods that have to be kept within a certain temperature range, which could be anywhere between plus sixty and minus twenty five degrees Celsius.
- Controlled humidity: In addition, humidity within the unit can easily be reduced to as low as five percent. This is especially important for storing dried goods.
Is efficient order picking top priority at your company?
The fully automatic systems on our carousel and lift storage systems can smoothly pick even large-volume orders in next to no time. Orders can easily be put together in batches (e.g., for deliveries to individual supermarkets). Identification of RFID chips or assistance from pick-by-light and other systems is also no problem with our units! Orders are picked quickly and accurately thanks to their cleverly devised control concept.
Is individual labeling of the items necessary?
Our units are designed in a way that allows individual labeling at the picking stations based on information relating to the brand, weight, price, use-by date, etc., for the food chains being supplied.
Do items need to be buffered and sequenced prior to shipping?
Our systems permit compact buffering of food in an interim storage location. They can be buffered there for any length of time until they are needed for shipping or further processing.
Are you looking for efficient warehouse management to trace batches?
You can control storage and order picking tasks in real time with our warehouse management software, which is individually configured to your unit layout. Naturally, this also includes reliable batch tracing with permanent management and monitoring of stock in real time. Processing times for individual orders are minimized and retrieval and delivery times are reduced, while also saving money. Online order processing via various e-commerce channels can also be easily integrated.
Combination of measures
Since the design of our retrieval systems is modular, it goes without saying that it is easy to combine the solutions presented here.
The advantages at a glance:
- Controlled climate by regulating the humidity and temperature.
- Hygienic storage in clean, dust-free conditions.
- Modular design: The units can be integrated into any existing logistics system: as an independently operating warehouse, in production, or as an efficient buffer for shipping.
- Less space needed: The footprint needed can be reduced by up to 85 percent due to the highly dense storage concept. This makes it possible to store the same amount of goods on a footprint just ten to 25 percent of the original size, freeing up space for other uses.
- Improved inventory management: The Power Pick Global warehouse management software makes it possible to permanently monitor stock levels in real time via its direct connection to the ERP system.
- Reliable batch management: Even extremely high quantities of the smallest items can be safely stored and accessed with our warehouse management software.
Is it worth investing in Kardex Remstar storage logistics solutions for your business?
Why not get in touch with us so that we can look into this question together? Upon request, we can give you a free and no-obligation evaluation of the options available for further optimizing your storage logistics in terms of space, time, and money.
Simply send us an E-Mail or
call us on +49 (0)8283 999 0.